The Etowah River User’s Guide is the first in a series of books to be published in partnership with Georgia River Network, a nonprofit organization working to ensure a clean water legacy in Georgia. The guidebooks, printed on waterproof paper and ready to go from car seat to canoe seat, will help fulfill this mission by encouraging Georgians to explore and appreciate their rivers and will support efforts to create and sustain water trails in the state. Designed to educate river users, enhance their on-river experiences, and allow them to safely explore the river, each guide will include:
- an introduction and overview of the river
- chapters describing each river section with detailed maps and notes on river access and points of interest
- a compact natural history guide featuring species of interest found along Georgia’s rivers
- notes on safety and boating etiquette
- a fishing primer
- notes on organizations working to protect the river
The Etowah River User’s Guide is due out in May. Click here for more information about the book!