Please join us to celebrate our coast with an alfresco dinner of fresh shrimp, oysters, and clams and music by Courson Saunds and Nick Bryant.
Photo by James Holland
Selection of amazing items in our Clam Jam auction with more to come. See details and sign up for Clam Jam at
• A 3 day, 2 night stay at circa 1895 two story Italianate Victorian house in the National Historic district of Fernandina. This beautiful 4 bedrooms and 3 full bath house is within easy walking distance of Fernandina Beach village, restaurants, shops, marina and entertainment. Donated by Chris Nelson
• Guided historic canoe trip, lunch, and refreshments for 6 of some of the most pristine parts of the Oconee River. The approximate 10 mile tour is guided by ARK board member, DuBose Porter and narrated by local historian, Scott Thompson. Donated by DuBose Porter.
• A day of exploration and lunch for 8 on St Catherine’s – an undeveloped barrier island preserved for scientific, archeological, and conservation research.
• Privately catered dinner by Chef Mary Schowe for 4-8 at the home of the winner
• Private reading for the winner and friends by Janisse Ray of her newly released book, The Seed Underground; A Growing Revolution to Save Food.
• Case of fine wine from True Vine Wine and Gourmet in Brunswick
• Shorebirds sculpture created and donated by famous ironsmith, Ivan Bailey
• Hand Made Pottery created and donated by Susie Bealer Duncan
• A private island adventure and 2 night stay on Little St Simons, 10,000 acres of maritime forests and marshlands and seven miles of shell-strewn beaches. Accessible only by boat, this extraordinary natural sanctuary is among the last of its kind.
• Primitive bench handmade from vintage doors donated by Sheila and John Parker
• Kayak tour on Cathead Creek for two donated by SE Adventures
• “Wood Peckers” beautifully framed and matted limited editions print by Jacksonville, Florida native, C. Ford Riley. Donated by Sheryl Schooley
• Books donated from UGA Press
• Amphibians and Reptiles of Georgia by John Jenson, et al.
• The Southern Frontier, by Philip Juras
• Peachtree Creek, by David Kaufman
• Invasive Pythons, by Dorcas and Willson
• Favorite Wildflower Walks in Georgia, by Hugh and Carol Nourse
• Hey, Bug Doctor, by Jim Howell
• Drifting into Darien, by Janisse Ray
• The World of the Salt Marsh, by Charles Seabrook
• Kayak adventure tour of the Altamaha River guided by Danny Grissett with Altamaha Coastal Tours and Riverkeeper, Robby Arrington. Donated by Altamaha Coastal Tours
• Gift certificate to Open Gates Bed and Breakfast located in the historic Darien waterfront
• “Wild Horses on Cumberland” a beautifully framed and signed black and white photograph by Jeffery Williams of Williams Gallery in Savannah.
See details and sign up for Clam Jam at
Read Full Post »